United Food Safety Group (Canada)
United Food Safety Group (UFSG) is a federally registered corporation in Canada, specializing in food safety training, consulting, and auditing.
In 2009, UFSG was established to provide professional and technical food safety consulting services to the food industry to help food businesses comply with regulatory requirements and obtain global food safety & HACCP certifications. We are committed to working alongside our clients to protect consumer health and increase their brand confidence. We offer premium services with a realistic and effective approach at very competitive prices.
Consulting Services Overview
CFIA Licensing & PCP Consulting
- CFIA Safe Food for Canadian (SFC) licence application consulting
- PCP preparation for importers, exporters, and manufacturers
- Preparation of written complaints and recall procedures
- CFIA specific programs (PCP, FSEP, QMP) development & Implementation
- Assist with CFIA inspection and compliance verification (CVS)
SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000 / GFSI Certification Consulting
- Help obtain a GFSI recognized certification (SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000)
- SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000 food safety certification consulting
- Pre-audit / gap assessment against GFSI recognized standards
- Conduct internal audit and provide food safety certification audit support
HACCP Consulting & Ongoing Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- HACCP system development, implementation and maintenance
- Provide onsite training on HACCP, GMPs, SSOPs, and allergen control programs to assist HACCP system implementation
- Provide QA relevant roles and responsibilities to assist with CFIA verification, food safety re-certification and HACCP System ongoing maintenance
Courses & Training Overview
HACCP Certification Courses
- Practical HACCP™ and Food Safety (4 days)
- HACCP I: Prerequisite Programs
- HACCP II: Developing HACCP Plans
- HACCP Principles & Application (2 days)
- Introduction to HACCP & Food Safety (1 day)
HACCP and PCQI courses are available in Mississauga/Toronto, Montreal, and/or Vancouver. The advanced certificate in Practical HACCP™ and Food Safety course is a combination of HACCP I: Prerequisite Programs (2 days), and HACCP II: Developing HACCP Plans (2 days).
U.S. FDA/FSMA Implementation Training Series
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food / PCQI Course
- FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) Course
The FSMA training courses are the “Standardized Curriculum” developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), that fulfills the U.S. FDA requirement for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) or a qualified individual. These courses were designed to help participants develop and apply risk-based preventive controls that meet FDA requirements under Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).