Internal auditing is a key component of any food safety and quality management system, such as SQF, BRC and FSSC 22000. The GFSI recognized schemes and regulatory agencies require that companies must verify the effective application of their food safety management system, and the implementation of the requirements of the food safety standards.
We provide independent internal audits to help your facility meet global food safety standard requirements, and ensure continuous improvement within a company by performing the following internal audit activities:
1. Internal Audit Program Development
- Determine scope and frequency of internal audits in relation to the risks of your process
- Schedule and conduct internal audits to verify the effectiveness of your food safety and quality system, including facility and equipment inspections, prerequisite programs and HACCP plans
2. Internal Audit to Support Global Food Safety Certification Requirements
- Conduct a pre-assessment audit to assist in identifying gaps in your existing food safety system against the SQF, BRC, or FSSC 22000 standards and requirements
- Conduct food safety internal audit to support food safety certification
- Perform inspections to ensure that the factory environment and processing equipment are maintained in a suitable condition for food production
3. Corrective Action Communication and Follow-up
- Prepare and communicate non-conformity including objective evidence to the personnel responsible
- Follow up with corrective actions of deficiencies identified during the internal audits
4. Restaurants and Food Service Inspections
- Perform food safety and quality inspections for restaurants and food service operations
To support your food safety policy and program requirements, we will work with your company to customize an effective auditing program that meets the regulatory and your specific program requirements.
For additional information or to request a service, please contact us.