SQF Certification Consulting
SQF Code for Food Manufacturing | Storage and Distribution | Manufacture of Food Packaging
About the SQF Program
Benchmarked by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program managed by Food Marketing Institute (FMI) is a credible food safety and quality program that is recognized by retailers, brand owners, and food service providers world-wide. It is a HACCP-based food safety management system that is internationally accepted. The SQF family of food safety and quality codes are designed to meet industry, customer, and regulatory requirements for all sectors of the food supply chain – from the farm all the way to retail stores.
An SQF certification will demonstrate your commitment to food safety. It provides customers, regulatory bodies, and consumers with confidence that the product is safe.
The Steps in Achieving SQF Certification
- Register on the SQF assessment database
- Designate an SQF Practitioner
- Determine the scope of certification
- Develop SQF system by following a specific SQF Code (Say what you do)
- Implement SQF system (Do what you say)
- Select a certification body
- Schedule an on-site audit
- Take corrective actions/preventive measures for any non-conformances identified during an on-site audit
- Achieve certification
- Maintain the SQF system to support re-certification and continuous improvement
Requirements for SQF Practitioners
- An employee designated to the management of the site’s SQF system
- Have completed a HACCP training course *
- Have an understanding of the SQF Code **
* SQF practitioners are required to successfully complete a minimum two-day HACCP training course with an assessment. If you need in-class or on-site training to fulfill the SQF training requirements, we can help.
** One way to demonstrate the understanding of the chosen SQF Code is to review the code’s implementation process and take an appropriate online “Implementing SQF Systems” exam. We will provide assistance to ensure this requirement is to be met.
Looking for a SQF certification? We are here to help.
If you need any assistance in becoming SQF certified, we can help. Our SQF Consultants will work closely with your team onsite and develop a unique SQF program that fits your operation and practices while meeting the chosen SQF Code requirements. Our SQF system implementation process includes:
- Gap analysis
- SQF program development
- SQF program implementation
- Employee training
- Verification/internal audit of the SQF system
- SQF certification audit support
- Ongoing program maintenance to support SQF re-certification
For more information on our SQF consulting service, please contact us.